eyeOS 1.0 introduced new technologies such as the first repository mantained packaging system in a web application, system that's currently used by large operating systems (specially Linux distributions) like Debian (with apt-get). It also introduced a new concept for developing new web applications, following the traditional applications schemes.
Three months after releasing it, here are some of the interesting things / statistics that have happened to the project since its 1.0 release.
- eyeOS has been nominated as one of the 10 best projects at the SourceForge Community Choice Awards, between more than 156.000 projects.
- There are more than 40 registered projects since the projects pages introduction, just 3 weeks ago. Some of them Will be included in the next major version.
- eyeOS.info server (with eyeOS 1.x) has 90.037 users at the moment of writing this post. If we add to this the 122.446 users that were registered during the first 1,5 years of project in the public server (with eyeOS 0.x), we have that eyeOS.info server has been the web operating system server for 212.483 users. And that on just one server. It's impossible to calculate the number of people using eyeOS out there.
- eyeOS has been downloaded 77.571 times. (Total downloads: about 170.000).
- 0 security bugs found from 1.0 release.
So it's time (again) to say thanks
. Thanks to 77k people who have downloaded the published packages, to the 212k users who have registered into the public server, but specially, thanks to the whole development community
, who is working in very different ways to move eyeOS into the next step.
We are, together, creating the next step in collaborative work for friends, family and professionals, and we're developing which we want to be the base of the future web applications, full connected between them, working on eyeOS, the Open Web Operating System