Thursday, June 08, 2006

eyeOS v0.9 "IRIS" released

After some months development, we're proud to announce the new 0.9.0 version of eyeOS, known as "IRIS".

With the new version, we've also published the new eyeOS web network, and updated eyeOS.info service.

The new eyeOS IRIS introduces many new features:

-New default desktop and login system, completely re-designed.
-New core, much more AJAXED with improvements in velocity.
-New Application Configuration system, for customizing some parameters of the apps, in AJAX.
-New Bubble system for managing some application options much more quickly
-New eyeHome, with a real FileSystem (with unlimited subdirectories)
-New and much more customizable eyeCalendar
-New eyePhones with re-organized Information
-New default eyeRSS Reader, with amaizingly speed improvements.
-New regenerate option available in Application Manager for restoring app default position and size
-Many bugs corrected, code cleans and optimizations

Thanks a lot to the whole eyeOS community, which has been growing during the last months, and has helped a lot for the developement of this new release.

For downloading it, please go to Downloads section.

We hope you will like the new version!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

I love eyeOS, and IRIS surprised me... but... the template system doesn't work (When i install templates, the eyeHome "crashes" (appears all options loaded at time)

The template are on system/themes (but on etc/themes fails too)

screenshot of failure:
http://img332.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crash8pp.jpg

Help me please ^^

P.S.: The system fails also on my server (http://frozenblog.us.to/ Section FrozenDesktop)

Friday, June 09, 2006  
Blogger eyeOS Team said...

Thanks for the comments, frozenflame!

We had to port all themes to 0.9.0. Now, all themes have been updated, so if you re-install them, all images and layers will be showed correctly.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll test it...

thanks you! :D
Very good project, seriously, the best webOS ever!

Thursday, June 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to use eyeOS on my website but I have a problem to start it.
It installed correctly, but when I login (root) I get a desktop, when I click an icon: it becomes gray. And nothing happens.
I haven't changed anything to the code.

Client
Firefox 1.0.8 & Konqueror (KDE 3.4)
Javascript On
Java On
SuSE Linux 10.0

Server:
Apache 2
php 5 (!)

Could you help me?

Sunday, June 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home